Note from Art Smith: As the Communications Director for the Polk County Republican Party here in Iowa, I have had the privilege of watching an extraordinary group of leaders build an organization that has been engaging for the party activists in Polk County, has brought itself into the eyes of the community, has succeeded in hosting several high-value events featuring nationally-known speakers, and most importantly, has provided a valuable support mechanism for our candidates.
The following is a letter from the leaders of Polk County Republicans, Chairman John Bloom and Co-chair Will Rogers.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
As you may be already aware, this election year could be one of the biggest landslide victories for Republican candidates in over 15 years, including right here in Polk County. And it is our belief that Polk County Republicans has never been in a better position to help our candidates achieve victory.
Since 1948, the Democrat Party has been in control of Polk County government. In that time period, we have seen the Democrat Party and its candidates raise millions of dollars from Special Interest Groups and Political Action Committees. And under their leadership, we have seen our property taxes go up, spending go up, our debt go up, and a continued exodus of jobs from Polk County.
This is why the Democrats rely on the support of lobbyists, trial lawyers, unions, and out-of-state corporations. Simply put, Polk County Democrats represent all that is wrong with government.
But we are ready to change all of that.
- 25 Republican candidates on the fall’s ballot – the largest number in the last 40 years.
- Polk County Central Committee Members and Activists have been instrumental in making tens of thousands of voter identification calls to Republicans and Independent voters.
- Sponsored Voter Registration and Outreach booths at the Asian Heritage Festival, Latino Heritage Festival, and the Juneteenth Observation Festival
- Participated in the State Fair Parade and parades in the following communities: West Des Moines, Grimes, Johnston, Ankeny, Beaverdale, Urbandale, Pleasant Hill, and Mitchellville.
- Identified over 500 volunteers and activists to help our Republican candidates with door knocking, lit dropping, making phone calls, walking in parades, and Get-Out-The-Vote Activities.
- Helped distribute and put up over 1,000 campaign yard signs for our Republican candidates.
And with this level of organization, combined with just a few thousand dollars more, we can help get our candidates message of responsible government, better jobs, reduced spending and lower taxes out to voters from across the county.
But in order to have a chance at taking back our government, we are going to need your help.
Your gift of $25, $50, $100, $250, $500 or more, will help with the cost of flyers, direct mail, yard signs, and Get-Out-The-Vote activities.
Contributions can be mailed to the Polk County Republican Party, 621 East 9th St., Des Moines, IA 50309 or on line at www.polkgop.com 
Please take a moment to make your contribution today.
Thanks in advance for your encouragement and generous support.
P.S. Please help us make this Election Year one of the best ever!